Use wistful in a sentence
- The group stood wistful, fearful that their boldness had displeased, expectant of reprimand. 
- Her eyes were widening, darkening with thought, and whenever they did so the steady, watchful, seeing gaze gave place to the wistful light. 
- The chevalier stopped short with pleased yet wistful surprise. 
- The innate necessity of loving remained, and as time went on had grown more wistful and insistent. 
- The bewildered, wistful look which had replaced the ordinarily benign and cheerful expression haunted Hodder long after the lawyer had gone. 
- Pollux now used his fingers and modelling tools more calmly; his gaze was less wistful and he began to talk again. 
- The voice had a wistful tremulousness, and might almost have been the echo of the leaves stirring in the night air. 
This page helps answer: how do I use the word wistful in a sentence? How do you use wistful in a sentence? Can you give me a sentence for the word wistful? It may also be related to classroom, continuing education, teach school, tutors grades, learn English, tefl educating, class, school, and exam.
Example sentences with the word wistful, a sentence example for wistful, and wistful in sample sentence.