Use substitute in a sentence
- The dishes were vicarious, a substitute for that greater destiny out of which Hannah had been cheated by fate. 
- I was constrained to substitute something for it myself. 
- To work by this rule in literary criticism is to substitute something definite for the individual tastes, moods, and local bias of the critic. 
- Cleverness as the modern substitute for feminine virtue did not appeal to her, but she let it pass. 
- Still, he would have found a substitute that would answer. 
- Now substitute Holland for Herr Matanesse, and Spain for the grandee, and you will know what I mean. 
- Then I was drafted into the Abe Lincoln Volunteers; I paid a substitute. 
- Were I to do so, the convention would have a right to re-assemble and substitute another name for mine. 
- When boiled it answers as a passable substitute for bread. 
- True, you disagree among yourselves as to what that substitute shall be. 
- If I could always provide such a substitute you would wish I might eat up your breakfast every day. 
- There was something about those minutely faithful details that was a sufficing substitute for food. 
This page helps answer: how do I use the word substitute in a sentence? How do you use substitute in a sentence? Can you give me a sentence for the word substitute? It may also be related to lessons, teaching resource lesson plans, tutors, academic, school example sentence, private schools, coaching, and skool.
Example sentences with the word substitute, a sentence example for substitute, and substitute in sample sentence.