Use smothered in a sentence
- But his voice was smothered by the shouts of the advancing multitude. 
- Smothered hilarity began to oppress me, presently. 
- Jasmine took a step forward with a smothered cry, but Alice Tynemouth laid a hand on her arm. 
- He was suddenly startled by a smothered cry, then a call of distress. 
- With a hoarse, smothered cry he awoke. 
- She got it; she almost smothered the little thing. 
- Little by little its flames were smothered until in manhood there seemed no spark of it left alive. 
- A smothered cough from above, was the reply. 
- Gaston made a frank reply as he smothered his pride Gaston was well in hand now, cooler even than his uncle. 
- Thus smothered, its fragrance stifled, it seemed emblematic, somehow, of the clandestine nature of her love.... 
- With a smothered cry Mitiahwe turned and fled into the darkness, and back to the lodge. 
- The onlookers exclaimed, and then became silent, because a subtle sense of tragedy suddenly smothered their voices. 
This page helps answer: how do I use the word smothered in a sentence? How do you use smothered in a sentence? Can you give me a sentence for the word smothered? It may also be related to back to school high school, course, teach school, educator, school homeschooling, learn, and educators.
Example sentences with the word smothered, a sentence example for smothered, and smothered in sample sentence.