Use petrified in a sentence
- The old lady stood petrified with astonishment, peering over her glasses; Tom lay on the floor expiring with laughter. 
- Then we all stood petrified but happy, for none of us had ever seen an ocean, or ever expected to. 
- The Petrified Man rose slowly to his feet, and said: John put on his hat and departed. 
- His face was petrified with amazement. 
- Jane, leaning toward him, sat as if petrified, listening intently, waiting to hear more. 
- Fille stood petrified for a moment at the audacity of the proposition. 
- I suppose the face will retain that petrified laugh until the corpse turns to dust. 
- Often a quite assified remark becomes sanctified by use and petrified by custom; it is then a permanency, its term of activity a geologic period. 
- He stood still as if petrified, and the goddess, too, did not stir. 
This page helps answer: how do I use the word petrified in a sentence? How do you use petrified in a sentence? Can you give me a sentence for the word petrified? It may also be related to scholarship, instructional, continuing education become a teacher, and elementary.
Example sentences with the word petrified, a sentence example for petrified, and petrified in sample sentence.