Use essayed in a sentence
- Twice he essayed to speak, but paused. 
- I had several times essayed to go myself, but the old man had always opposed it and entreated me to remain. 
- So powerful was this influence that the shrill Elder twice essayed to speak in protest, but was prevented by the wizened Elder Meacham. 
- He essayed to take the paper calmly, but it trembled in his hands. 
- Of the crowd some were curious, some stoical; some wept, some essayed philosophy. 
- With teeth tight shut he essayed the incline. 
- The tall youth shifted in his chair and essayed to laugh. 
- He untied her horse and essayed one more topic. 
- As they approached, his lips, dry and pale, essayed to speak, but no sound came. 
- That morning when Helena, now an inmate of his own home, greeted him, he had essayed to compare her, mentally, with Cleopatra, but speedily desisted. 
This page helps answer: how do I use the word essayed in a sentence? How do you use essayed in a sentence? Can you give me a sentence for the word essayed? It may also be related to elementary education tuition, literacy teachings, high school education, lesson plans, and tutors.
Example sentences with the word essayed, a sentence example for essayed, and essayed in sample sentence.