Use anchor in a sentence
- So we took up the anchor and moved outside, to lie a dozen hours or so, taking in supplies, and then sail for Constantinople. 
- The hall of the old Anchor Tavern was a convenient place of meeting for the students and instructors of the University and the Institute. 
- We dismounted, for the last time, and out in the offing, riding at anchor, we saw the ship! 
- how insecure was the ground in which she had cast the anchor of hope. 
- A ship at sea; a port to anchor in; Not far a starry light upon the shore. 
- One of them let anchor go right off the place where our patched boat lay. 
- I have often, indeed, seen white sails climbing up there, and fishing-boats, at secure anchor I suppose, riding apparently like balloons in the hazy air. 
- We dropped anchor in the mouth of the Golden Horn at daylight in the morning. 
- She had dropped her anchor in perilous seas, but it had never dragged. 
- Before I could come to anchor he had got underway. 
- Down went the anchor, rumbledy-dum-dum! 
This page helps answer: how do I use the word anchor in a sentence? How do you use anchor in a sentence? Can you give me a sentence for the word anchor? It may also be related to exercise higher education, primary education, and curriculum.
Example sentences with the word anchor, a sentence example for anchor, and anchor in sample sentence.